CR Smith is hoping that all house-proud home owners will fall in love with their windows again, as “beautiful homes start with beautiful windows”.
The company, which has been designing and installing windows for over 40 years, says opting for just functional is ‘out the window’ and new technology and a new approach to aesthetics mean that the latest windows can add both style and comfort to a home.
Slim, bevelled frames look good and can let the light flood in, hardwood sills and surrounds can create bespoke interiors, while new materials combined with precision engineering provide the best ever energy efficiency and security.
CR Smith which manufacturers all its Lorimer windows to its own design in Scotland for every style of home in Scotland, also goes as far as providing a totally transferable ten year guarantee, a major benefit when selling your home should you decide to move.
Gareth McCluskey of CR Smith said:
“It’s easy to get into the way of thinking that windows are simply there to keep out the wind and rain, but the design of your windows can do so much to add style, character and warmth to a home. All things that make you love your home. If you don’t think about sight lines, or how the window is constructed or works, you can end up with windows that do nothing for the look of your home – and in some cases take away its charm.
“Today’s building regulations quite rightly make big demands on energy conservation, safety glass, fire escapes, safe cleaning and ventilation. What we can now do with modern window design is bring all this together with a look that counts – style and function.
“It is no exaggeration to say that beautiful homes start with beautiful windows as every detail matters, from the interior finish and the look of your home from the pavement to the quality of the total design – from the materials and construction through to locks and hinges – for warmth and security.”
“You may be considering a new bathroom or new bedroom or new kitchen but you should pause for thought and start with your windows … because beautiful homes start with beautiful windows.”
Here are six reasons to love CR Smith Lorimer windows
- The shape of the frame. Made to CR Smith’s unique design, the frames of Lorimer windows are slim, contoured in shape and engineered for a better, smoother look. There is no reason to accept large flat uPVC frames or unsightly manufacturing techniques.
- Windows to match the character of your home. There is no need to lose the character of your home as the range and functionality of Lorimer windows means that it is possible to find a style that gives you the look you want and that meets all the building regulations.
- Hardwood internal sills. The window is a focal point of your room, letting in light and can provide as big an impact on the interior design as a prized piece of furniture, with a choice of American hardwood sills and surrounds, including Oak, Ash and Cherry, finished in wax, varnish or paint.
- Energy Efficient. Lorimer exceeds Scottish Building Regulations and has a Window Energy Rating of ‘A’ as standard. CR Smith can do this because its design incorporates the latest environmentally friendly and thermally efficient materials and the latest engineering technology.
- Precision engineered in Scotland for Scotland. All CR Smith Lorimer windows are unique to CR Smith, and not the common standard ‘off the shelf’ window design. They are made at CR Smith’s state-of-the-art factory in Fife and fitted by the company’s own time served joiners for that perfect finish.
- Guarantees. CR Smith is now in its fourth generation of its 10 year guarantee that covers parts, products and workmanship. The company has outlasted many others. It guarantees that all installations meet, as a minimum, the exacting standards of Building Regulations (Scotland) at the time of installation and, all windows feature multi-point locking systems with a BSI Kitemark BS7412/PAS 24 for Enhanced Security.