Indigo’s CPD Standards Accredited half-day ‘Media Training for Professionals’ provides delegates with the skills and the confidence required to communicate concisely and effectively with media audiences to ensure a positive outcome for their organisation.
Each session is delivered by two of Indigo’s senior directors, each of whom has over 20 years’ experience advising public and private sector clients on their media presence and includes practical exercises and analysis for participants to rehearse what they have learned.
Members of professional organisations who successfully complete the course are typically eligible to be certified to receive four CPD points.
The training covers:
- An initial snapshot: to understand where the participant is in regard to media exposure.
- Understanding the media: who they are, the language they use, their differing needs and what they are trying to achieve.
- Golden rules and preparation: the recipe for success to ensure a positive outcome.
- Master your message: honing the key messages and how to deliver them with authority and flare to a variety of audiences.
- From good to excellent: practice, practice, practice, to elevate participants’ delivery to achieve greater impact.
- Practical interview sessions that allow delegates to get to grips with challenging scenarios, based on real-world scenarios.
Indigo also delivers a range of bespoke media and public affairs training tailored precisely to the needs of each participant.
Sessions usually take place in Edinburgh but we aim to deliver flexibility on timings and location based on the needs of delegates. For further information on availability and prices and bookings contact us to find out more.