Continuing Professional Development is a crucial tool for professionals seeking to keep abreast of the latest knowledge and learning within their area of work.
For many, it is a requirement of their professional body that they evidence CPD points provided by an independently accredited supplier.
Indigo is Scotland’s first and only communications company delivering the CPD Standards Office* accredited media training. The half-day ‘Media Training for Professionals’ course attracts 4 CPD points while providing delegates with the skills and the confidence required to communicate concisely and effectively with media audiences.
The bespoke training delivers accessible, hands-on learning, using real-world scenarios to give a clear understanding in what to expect when engaging with the media, as well as how to deliver messages to audiences via the media clearly and with authority and flair.
The training covers:
- An initial snapshot: to understand where the participant is in regard to media exposure.
- Understanding the media: who they are, the language they use, their differing needs and what they are trying to achieve.
- Golden rules and preparation: the recipe for success to ensure a positive outcome.
- Master your message: honing the key messages and how to deliver them with authority and flare to a variety of audiences.
- From good to excellent: practice, practice, practice, to elevate participants’ delivery to achieve greater impact.
- Practical interview sessions that allow delegates to get to grips with challenging interviews, based on real-world scenarios.
Our skilled and knowledgeable trainers are experienced across public, private and third sector organisations in delivering tailored media training.
Indigo’s flexible learning covers groups of up to 6, or training on a one-to-one basis, which takes delegates through the theory and practical examples to improve their performance. The courses can be delivered day or evening to suit participants.
Following completion of the ‘Media Training for Professionals’ course, in addition to the 4 CPD points, you will receive a CPD Certificate to evidence your participation.
For over 22 years, Indigo has delivered a bespoke service to clients of all sizes, utilising our expertise in media and public relations, public affairs, event and crisis management.
For further information on availability and prices and bookings contact us to find out more.